Running Log

Time to get fit and expose those abs and calf muscles that have been hibernating for, oh, 25 years.
Here's my running map, showing a bunch of routes to explore. I'm trying to traverse personally uncharted territory.

January 13, 2010:
Okay, so scratch that last run. I had a really good reason - I had to move the car in preparation for tomorrow's snowboarding! Yey! Still, 2.15 miles isn't too shabby!
 ......................
1.5 miles in 18:22 minutes. That's 12:15 mins per mile, folks! I mean, gosh darn that's slow.  I remember having to do a fitness test in 5th grade, which consisted of running a mile around the outdoor track. It took me 12 minutes, and I remember how embarrassed I was.  Life truly does happen in cycles, huh?  However, I have a few consolations: 1) I was running on my toes, which, according to my highly objective barefoot running research, is more challenging and tiring, at least in the beginning; 2) I'll get better and faster; and 3) it's better than sitting on my butt in my apartment. Right?!  I do feel that running alone is better than in a gym or with other people because I'm not judging or pressuring myself - just running the distance I committed to.  Doing that without stopping is pretty satisfying to me!

In about an hour, I plan on running another .65 miles to the subway and an hour after that, another .61 miles.  Is it cheating to combine my total running distance for the day instead of only counting an uninterrupted run? If the answer is no (I hope so), then that means I'm doing 2.76 miles today! World record!  I hope I can achieve that. I'll have a light gym bag with me, which could be annoying.  And tomorrow we're doing snowboarding lessons at Hunter Mountain for a special someone's early birthday celebrations. That counts as a full marathon, not to mention the intensely sore muscles (gluteus maximus) I'm preparing for. So excited!


January 12, 2010:
I just had a BRILLIANT idea - run to Roberta's Pizza!! and take the train back. obviously. I can't believe it's only 1.75 miles away. That's faster than walking to the subway and taking the train a few stops. Furthermore, I can't believe that I'm saying that 1.75 miles is close, and I can run that distance. Yes! Maybe I'll even run from Roberta's back home...nope. Not a chance!
......................
2.05 miles. yes! more like 2.0786 because i didn't count the stairs in my building. and when i got back i ate a spoonful of nutella. so what?


January 11, 2010:
First run in maybe a year and a half? And before that, maybe year 2000?

From my apartment to the G train: .65 miles! Woo hoo! I ran on the balls of my feet in preparation for my Vibrams (haven't bought them yet). No heel striker here!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts