Running Log cont'd

January 20, 2010:
Yes! 4.03 miles cumulative, with the longest stretch of 3.1 miles. I ran some errands, too! Pun intended.  Running over the bridge is really nice because you get the hardest part over with first - uphill. The first 5-10 minutes also happens to be the hardest for me, when my body is energized but it seems I can't settle into my breathing.  By mile 1.5, it switches so I become more aware of my muscles burning but my breathing is easy breezy.  That might also be because I'm practically running at a walking pace.  I think I ran more than 12-minute miles. Woo hoo!! I am still happy and proud of myself. Exercise is exercise, and I'm going to learn to love running.  Thank you, Chris McDougall!


January 19, 2010:
Happy Birthday to my beautiful, smart, loving nephew! Today I resumed running and with a bang! 1.79 miles over the Williamsburg Bridge, 4 hour break for lunch, strolling, window shopping, and a fabulous haircut, and then 1.48 miles back over the bridge to home! I'm so happy. Hopefully I can connect those miles together one day and run even more than that.

Why the hiatus? We went snowboarding on Thursday for the first time up at Hunter Mountain. Oh how my body ached. Hunter Mountain was beautiful. The slopes were practically empty because it was a weekday, and we could practice getting on and off the lift without the usual beginner panic. I hit my head several times, and my body has just recently recovered from extreme soreness. I never knew one's body could be so sore that it would take 10 seconds to lift up one's arms. Ouch. It was a great experience, and I would love to do it again, but I think I might still be leaning toward skiing. Having a heavy board hanging off one foot and trying to walk just isn't a great feeling.

If you're in need of a haircut, I would recommend Emma at Tommy Guns. She's a young, skilled stylist who is apprenticing, so it's just $20 + tip for a cut! It took about an hour and 15 minutes for a wash, cut, and blowdry - she's very meticulous and I'm very satisfied with the end result!

Comments

  1. you hit your head several times????
    cool about the running. you almost make me feel like i could do it.
    nice shout out to q. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts