Knitting Obsession

Knitting on the couch in my apartment, looking out the window at the beautiful sunshine and the projects.  It's almost like I'm knitting on the porch swing of a serene country home...

After going to our monthly BurdaStyle sewing club, this time featuring delicious brunch, we headed over to Brooklyn General, and with the invaluable help and guidance of Grace (blog here) , I ended up purchasing my first set of knitting needles (Clover size 8) and a beautiful hank of cotton yarn by Araucania, using artisan methods and designers in Chile.  I knitted furiously day and night, trying to get down the basic stitches and practicing 'not too tight' tension.  I spent hours on ravelry (the site creators own a boston terrier, i.e. they're awesome) and found the cutest pattern that I just had to make.  Check out all my practice and my official 1st work in progress.  What will it be, you may ask? It's a secret! You'll have to wait and see!!!
purl

stitch increase fail

stitch increase win!

pattern attempt

cable fail

leaf win!

my view right now. ah, williamsburg

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts