Great Giada de Laurentiis Recipes: Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies & Broccoli Rabe Pine Nut Fettuccine

Yummmm! Over the past few days, I've been eating pasta leftovers and cooking up batches of cookie batter I keep in the freezer.  I got the recipes from Giada's Family Dinners, which was a gift I've had for a few years and never cracked open until this past weekend.

You can find the recipes on Food Network, links below.

We made it a veggie dish by omitting the chicken, but next time I think I'll put it in. It just sounds too good.  Also, I think the more broccoli rabe the better. Make sure not to boil it too much! It's best with a little crunch.  I used dry packaged fettuccine, and it still tasted delicious.  Didn't have lemon zest (just bottled lemon juice), and it was great.





I used 3 medium eggs instead of 2 large eggs and cut half the sugar out.  If you really like sweet, keep the sugar, but I think you'll find that most food just doesn't need that sugar overkill.  Also, these cookies are kind of...healthy!  With hazelnuts, oats, half the sugar, and of course my almond meal substitution (3/4 cup almond meal instead of regular flour), it feels like a pretty guilt-free treat.  *I didn't have toffee in the apartment and didn't want to buy it, and these cookies STILL tasted soooo good.

my mini hazelnut cutie

Comments

Popular Posts